I am a Full Professor in Computer Science at Lyon 1 University (France), affiliated with the Liris research lab. I am the Head of the Database group in the same lab.
I have been appointed Adjunct Professor at the University of Waterloo (Canada) in the Data Systems Group , where I spent a sabbatical in 2019.
In the academic years 2018-2019 and 2019-2020, my sabbatical leave has been sponsored by INRIA Grenoble-Alpes, where I am also a member of the INRIA team Tyrex.
Research Interests: my current research interests are on the interplay of structured and
unstructured (graph-oriented) data paradigms.
In particular, I am currently working on
data integration and data curation, query learning and query processing, privacy and security issues for these data models.
My research is supported by the French national research agency under the 2015 and 2018 ANR collaborative research programme. I am the Principal Investigator of the ANR Project QualiHealth (2019-2023). I am a member of the ANR Project DataCert (2016-2020). I was also the recipient of the PALSE Impulsion 2016 Starting Grant from the University of Lyon (Programme IDEX) and the PI of CNRS MedClean research project, under the 2016 Mastodons multidisciplinary action on data quality.
My publications can
be found here or
Graph Queries: From Theory to Practice. SIGMOD Record 47(4): 5-16 (2018) (with S. Dumbrava)
Books I have written:
Querying Graphs (with G. Fletcher, H. Voigt and N. Yakovets)
Synthesis Lectures on Data Management (Morgan & Claypool Publishers) 2018
Schema Matching and Mapping (with Z. Bellahsene and E. Rahm) (Springer Data-Centric Systems and Applications) 2011
and its google scholar (thanks to E. Rahm)
Professional Activities (last 5 years):
Program Chair of EDBT 2020
Sigmod 2019 Workshops Co-Chair (with I. Ilyas and B. Kimelfeld)
- Scientific Co-chair and Organizer of the EDBT Summer School 2019 (to take place in Lyon in Sept. 2019)
Associate Editor of The VLDB Journal (starting from Sept. 2017)
Associate Editor of ACM Trans. on Database Systems (starting from Jan. 2018)
- SIGMOD 2019 Workshops co-Chair (with B. Kimelfeld and I. Ilyas)
- ICDE 2018 Area PC Vice-Chair for the Information Extraction and Data Cleaning and Curation Track
- PC Member of SIGMOD 2019, VLDB 2019, PODS 2019, AAAI 2019, EDBT 2019, SIGMOD 2018, EDBT 2018, PODS 2017, SIGMOD 2017, VLDB 2017, EDBT 2017, SSDBM 2016, SIGMOD 2016, EDBT 2016, SIGMOD 2015, ICDT 2015, VLDB 2015, SIGMOD 2014, VLDB 2014, EDBT 2014, ICDE 2014, etc.
Co-organizer of Daquata Workshop 2016 and 2017 (co-funded by CNRS MedClean)
Associate Editor of Distributed and Parallel Databases
Program Chair of WebDB 2013
Program Chair of the VLDB 2013 PhD Workshop
Responsabilités (in French):
- Membre du Conseil de la FST (UFR Sciences et Technologies UCBL) depuis 3/2017
- Responsable du GT Big Data au Laboratoire Liris
- Responsable de la thèmatique Masses de données FIL
- Membre du Nouveau Cluster Numérique Région Auvergnes-Rhone Alpes depuis 3/2017
- Membre de la Commission des Thèses (ED InfoMaths Université de Lyon)
You can contact me at one of the following
This file last modified Wednesday July 29, 2020